The United States Senate is missing an opportunity to improve housing markets across the country, and we need your help to tell them to get to work and make homeownership a priority!
Take action now to urge your Senators to pass H.R. 3700, the “Housing Opportunity Through Modernization Act of 2016,” a bill that makes needed reforms to the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) condominium loan program, federal-assisted housing programs and Rural Housing Service loan programs.
This legislation provides significant benefits to taxpayers, homebuyers and the real estate market by:
1) Removing a burdensome and expensive FHA Condo approval process
2) Reducing FHA restrictions on the number of condos available to homebuyers
3) Permanently streamlining Rural Housing Service loan processing
Bottom Line: This bill makes buying a condo A LOT easier by expanding opportunities for first-time homebuyers and streamlining rural housing programs for low-income rental residents. Condominiums are among the most affordable homeownership options for first-time homebuyers, as well as lower income borrowers, but barriers to safe, affordable mortgage credit for condos still exist. H.R. 3700 takes a number of steps to address those concerns.
The House of Representatives passed this bill unanimously with a bipartisan vote of 427-0 and now we need the Senate to act!
Even if your business model is not based on Condominium or Rural Housing Service transactions, all REALTORS need to band together on this Call for Action. Although it may not affect you directly, the next one could very well be of critical importance to your business. Please support your REALTOR family by responding to this important Call for Action!
4 easy ways that Realtors can follow important issues that affect their business and respond to Calls for Action
1. Email: NAR sent you an email. It takes just 2 clicks to respond.
2. Web: If you didn’t get the email, you can respond at WWW.TexasRealEstate.com/Action
3. There’s an APP for that: The REALTOR® Action Center mobile app is now available for download for the iPhone and DROID. Simply search for NAR Action Center in their respective app markets.
4. Text: To stay informed about upcoming calls for action alerts via text message, sign up for the REALTOR®Party Mobile alerts program below or text the word REALTOR to 30644